Motor Vehicle Operator Job Description
- Operate motor vehicles to deliver or transport supplies, records, materials, mail, monetary deposits or people.
- Perform grounds maintenance and manual labor.
- Operate a car or van to transport residents to appointments such as medical appointments, court appointments.
- Drive a school bus to transport students or residents.
- Tow disabled vehicles.
- Load and unload goods.
- Conduct routine maintenance on vehicles and records mileage, gas and oil usage.
- Maintain logs of vehicle use, purchases, and deliveries.
- Sort mail and operate mail handling equipment.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Operate all wheel vehicles and equipment over varied terrain and roadways for support of combat operations.
- Oversee proper loading and unloading of cargo on vehicles and trailers.
- Operate radios and weapons if mounted on cars.
- Operate water/fuel tank trucks, semi-tractor trailers, troop transports, heavy equipment transports, and passenger buses.
- Manage entrucking and detrucking of personnel being transported.
- Protect cargo from inclement weather, pilferage, and damage.
Companies with Similar Jobs
Operation of a Disabled Person Vehicle for pickup and dropoff of ambulatory and handicapped people enroute to medical facilities or other medically related activities.
Seeking 6 CDL Truck Drivers or Motor Coach Bus Drivers for Hagerstown, MD: Former Military/Veterans welcome: Test Drive NEW prototype tractor trailer trucks, garbage trucks or mo...
DUTIES: * Operate a Dorchester County School Bus; * Maintain regular paperwork associated with transporting students; * Perform Pre and Post trip inspections of buses; * Monitor st...