Responsible for operating motorboats for touring or working purposes. Operates, maintains, inspects, and cleans motorboat regularly.
- Operate motorboats to provide tours in a particular area.
- Change oil and check fluids on motorboat.
- Clean and fuel motorboat regularly.
- Carry passengers and freight between ships.
- Take passengers to shore.
- Patrol harbors and watch for accidents or suspicious activity.
- Repair hulls and superstructures.
- Maintain equipment such as range markers, fire extinguishers, boat fenders, lines, pumps, and fittings.
- Direct crew members.
- Tow or push other boats.
- Repair booms.
- Perform other general labor.
- Use turning basins to take depth soundings.
- Load and unload boats.
- Use navigational aids to maintain desired course.
- Guide boats using engine throttles and steering mechanisms.
- Secure boats to dock.
- Find shelter for boat during rough weather.