Museum Conservator Job Description
- Care for and preserve rare historical objects.
- Conduct scientific research using tests, x-rays, and microscopes to determine age, value, and condition of object.
- Clean and preserve paintings.
- Use proper sealants depending on material of object.
- Repair surfaces and mend broken pieces.
- Construct fossil mounts.
- Create copies of artifacts, including copies of paintings.
- Determine best method of storage for object.
- Adjust climate in storage area.
- Utilize knowledge of paint chemistry, lighting, and temperate to keep object in its best condition for years to come.
- Purchase or negotiate the acquirement of artwork.
- Design placement or setup of object in museum.
- Create events such as workshops or hold lectures discussing history of the piece.
- Perform administrative duties as needed.
- Research pieces of artwork to acquire.
- Write catalog descriptions for the artwork.
- Ensure all exhibits are displayed using excellent security methods.
- Verify authenticity of objects.
- Persuade private donors to part with objects on a temporary or permanent basis.
- Write grant proposals.
- Attend events to promote the museum or exhibit.
Position Overview Museum Studies invites qualified scholars and professionals to make application for part - to full-time Lecturer positions to teach one or more of the following...
Job Description Job Title: Head Preparator for The Magnes Collection of Jewish Art and Life (6132U), #22108 Job ID: 22108 Location: ...
Job Description Job Title: BAMPFA Associate Curator (6127u) #21823 Job ID: 21823 Location: Main Campus-Berkeley Full/Part Ti...