Responseible for Specializiing in playing one instrument or a variety of instruments with the purpose of entertaining others. Compose original music or perform covers for an audience. Participate in bands, orchestras, choirs, or play independently.
- Play an instrument independently or in an ensemble, including violin, saxophone, clarinet, guitar, cello, drums, bass, harmonica, or piano.
- Rehearse with other musicians in an ensemble.
- Practice several days a week to sharpen talent.
- Book gigs at bars, events, fairs, and weddings.
- Perform with dozens of other elite musicians in an orchestra.
- Arrange for the transportation of instruments to gigs.
- Accompany vocalists or instrumental soloists.
- Perform at concerts or for television shows.
- Go on a short or extended tour.
- Teach students how to play instrument.
- Participate in recording sessions.
- Negotiate prices for gigs.
- Compose and arrange music.
- Record music in studios for radio, film, or television.
- Direct, plan, create, and lead musical performances.
- Audition for musical groups.
- Improvise during performances.
- Participate in media interviews.
- Provide the musical background for live shows such as ballets, operas, musical theatre, and cabarets.
- Be able to sight-read during performances.