- Job Descriptions
- New Accounts Clerk
Responsible for interviewing and engaging prospective customers inquiring about opening new accounts, such as savings or checking accounts. Gathers all appropriate information to open account and educate account holders on company or bank policies. Keeps accurate records on all accounts.
- Greet and assist customers to ascertain their needs.
- Interview customers who would like to start checking or savings accounts.
- Print and distribute application forms, ensuring applicants fill out all fields properly.
- Proofread forms and go over with applicant.
- Enter data into computer systems.
- Hand out literature regarding company policies on all accounts.
- Ensure customers walk away educated about account benefits.
- Up-sell products that go along with accounts.
- Prepare forms for signature cards, cashier checks, drafts and money orders.
- Answer telephone and address inquiries.
- Close accounts as needed.
- Obtain credit reports.
- Discuss how to apply for ATM cards, direct deposit of checks, and certificates of deposit.
- Record customer deposits and fees.
- Initiate wire transfers.
- Handle disputes about account fees.
- Take off fees if necessary.
- Perform foreign currency transactions and sell traveler's checks in preparation for travel.
- Perform teller duties.