Responsible for working in nuclear research and production and assisting engineers, physicists and other professionals.
- Monitor levels of radiation.
- Assist physicists, engineers, and other professionals in nuclear research and nuclear production.
- Work with engineers and technicians to apply nuclear code activities to existing and new products.
- Assist with quoting, nuclear documentation and drawings.
- Draft plans for building and testing of products and concepts, design changes or project milestone completions to be reviewed by nuclear team members.
- Perform quotes and support orders with drawings, technical data, and testing.
- Create moderately complex models, drawings and assemblies as required.
- Use radioactive materials in specialized studies of body organs and/or laboratory analysis to assist the physician in the diagnosis of disease and injury.
- Measure the levels and types of radiation produced by nuclear experiments, power generation, and other activities.
- Advise others on radiation safety procedures and apparel.
- Raise warning levels when conditions become hazardous.
- Ensure that reactors and other equipment are operated safely and efficiently.
- Evaluate factors such as factors temperature, pressure, and radiation intensity to determine whether equipment is functioning properly.
- Make adjustments to improve the performance of reactors and other equipment.
- Monitor the disposal, recycling, and storage of nuclear waste.
- Help nuclear physicists, nuclear engineers, and other scientists conduct research and develop new types of nuclear reactors, fuels, medicines, and other technologies.