Nuclear Technician Job Description
- Monitor levels of radiation.
- Assist physicists, engineers, and other professionals in nuclear research and nuclear production.
- Work with engineers and technicians to apply nuclear code activities to existing and new products.
- Assist with quoting, nuclear documentation and drawings.
- Draft plans for building and testing of products and concepts, design changes or project milestone completions to be reviewed by nuclear team members.
- Perform quotes and support orders with drawings, technical data, and testing.
- Create moderately complex models, drawings and assemblies as required.
- Use radioactive materials in specialized studies of body organs and/or laboratory analysis to assist the physician in the diagnosis of disease and injury.
- Measure the levels and types of radiation produced by nuclear experiments, power generation, and other activities.
- Advise others on radiation safety procedures and apparel.
- Raise warning levels when conditions become hazardous.
- Ensure that reactors and other equipment are operated safely and efficiently.
- Evaluate factors such as factors temperature, pressure, and radiation intensity to determine whether equipment is functioning properly.
- Make adjustments to improve the performance of reactors and other equipment.
- Monitor the disposal, recycling, and storage of nuclear waste.
- Help nuclear physicists, nuclear engineers, and other scientists conduct research and develop new types of nuclear reactors, fuels, medicines, and other technologies.
Job Code: 00073-82337 Part-time No Weekends Plaza Medical Center is looking for a Nuclear Medicine Technician Shifts: Part Time POSITION SUMMARY: Operat...
Description: Applicant will perform the following: * Specifically assigned duties relative to fuel handling operations, transfer, dismantling, examining, and testing reac...
Under the direction of the Diagnostic Imaging Director, prepares, measures, and administers radiopharmaceuticals in diagnostic and therapeutic studies. Utilizing efficient and safe...