Occupational Health & Safety Specialist Job Description
- Create ways to keep workers and the general public safe from harm.
- Design safe work spaces.
- Inspect machines and test for faults.
- Remove defective equipment.
- Test air quality.
- Investigate complaints.
- Reduce absenteeism and equipment downtime.
- Lower insurance premiums and workers' compensation payments.
- Prevent government fines.
- Conduct safety inspections.
- Impose fines.
- Design programs to control, eliminate, and prevent disease or injury.
- Search for and identify biological, chemical, and radiological hazards.
- Advise workers on proper lifting techniques.
- Inform an organization's management of areas not in compliance with State and Federal laws or employer policies.
- Advise management on the cost and effectiveness of safety and health programs.
- Devise and implement health programs.
- Provide training on new regulations.
- Demonstrate how to recognize hazards.
- Develop methods to predict hazards.
- Evaluate current equipment, products, facilities, or processes and those planned for future use.
- Uncover patterns in injury data.
- Evaluate the probability and severity of accidents.
- Write accident reports.
The Occupational Health and Safety Specialist for Environmental Health and Safety is responsible for providing technical guidance, training, and inspective/risk analysis of the Uni...
Safety Status At Concurrent Technologies Corporation (CTC), we are committed to assisting government, industry and nonprofit organizations achieve world-class competitiveness. In c...
Job Description: Safety & Occupational Health Specialist Position Description CGI Federal is seeking a Safety & Occupational Health Specialist to support the FBI Academy. The Sa...