- Job Descriptions
- Occupational Therapist Aide
Responsible for providing rehabilitation services to people exhibiting mental, emotional, or physical impairments, or to those who have suffered an injury that requires therapy.
- Help patients rehabilitate themselves in a variety of ways.
- Develop long or short-term treatment plan, including diet and exercise.
- Show patients how to move from a bed into a wheelchair.
- Assist patients with stretching limbs and muscles.
- Encourage patients to continue with exercises.
- Record progress and make further recommendations.
- Alter treatment program if no results have been noted.
- Document the billing of the client's health insurance provider.
- Prepare materials.
- Assemble equipment for use during treatment.
- Schedule appointments.
- Answer telephones and greet patients.
- Restock inventories.
- Order supplies.
- Fill out insurance forms and other paperwork.
- Teach patients how to compensate for lost motor skills.
- Help patients with learning disabilities.
- Teach patients how to feed and dress themselves.
- Demonstrate therapy techniques.