Responsible for performing clerical and administrative duties in an office setting. Assists executive assistants and secretaries by sorting mail, filing, answering phones, greeting clients, scheduling meetings, and restocking supplies.
- Answer phones and greet clients warmly.
- Assist in filing duties.
- Perform basic bookkeeping duties.
- Compile financial records.
- Perform stenography and dictation.
- Reroute calls to appropriate people.
- Answer inquiries about company.
- Help organize office activities.
- Prepare coffee or get water for staff.
- Insert bills in envelopes and mail.
- Hang up company policies around the office.
- Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems and personal computers.
- Retrieve files for personnel.
- Take and deliver messages.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail.
- Fix malfunctioning office equipment.
- Count or measure mail.
- Handle travel arrangements and expense reports for staff.
- Schedule meetings and conference rooms.
- CAll IT for computer assistance.
- Post work schedules.
- Perform data entry.
- Prepare payroll checks.
- Restock supply closet with printing paper, ink, pens, paper clips, staplers, files and folders, and correction fluid.