Optical Instrument Assembler Job Description
- Assemble structural and mechanical parts of instrument.
- Read and interpret drawings and blueprints.
- Clean parts using tissue or cleaning solution.
- Use compressed air device to aid in cleaning.
- Cement multiple lens assemblies.
- Position element in mounting seat of instrument housing.
- Insert and secure locking ring in housing.
- Apply cement to rings.
- Cut, grind, and polish eyeglasses, contact lenses, or other precision optical elements.
- Determine distance of test target using trigonometric formulas.
- Utilize oscilloscopes and collimators to connect instruments to test devices.
- Sight instrument on target.
- Read dial to determine optical center of instrument lens.
- Verify specified focusing power.
- Coat optical elements according to specifications.
- Fill instrument housing with nitrogen gas to lessen corrosion.
- Operate lathe to modify parts.
- Record inspection and test data.
- Mount lenses onto frames.
- Process precision lens polishers, grinders, centerer-edgers, and lens mounters.
OVERVIEW: Electro Optical Engineer to define, plan and execute test programs in support of the development and delivery of undersea optical transmission systems. The candidate ...
Job Description and Responsibilities Coherent Laser Systems and Measurement (LSM) designs and manufactures precision solid state lasers for scientific, medical, instrumentation ...
Location:Hayward,CA MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: SKILLS: * Excellent familiarity with standard laboratory practices. * High level of familiarity with lasers, laser-optics, electro-o...