Responsible for stacking and piling goods into their correct containers and preparing them for shipment using various equipment. Cleans and prepares containers before placing goods in them.
- Stack and pile finished goods into containers.
- Prepare goods for shipment.
- Pack them following a specific set of instructions.
- Clean and prepare containers for packing.
- Check to ensure containers are damage free.
- Verify if items pulled out of package are correct.
- Maintain database of packages.
- Fill out forms and papers to record measurement, weight, and product count.
- Keep track of inventory.
- Remove completed or defective products or materials, placing them on moving equipment such as conveyors or in specified areas such as loading docks.
- Seal and label each container.
- Move completed packages for loading.
- Load or stuff different products or merchandise.
- Count items.
- Review packing lists.
- Mark and label containers.
- Seal containers with glue and fasteners.
- Tag containers with marking tools.