Painter Job Description
- Apply paint to surfaces including canvas, walls, floors, doors, and cabinets.
- Paint landscapes, portraits, and abstract art using oil-based paints or other kinds of paint.
- Mix, match, and apply paint, varnish, shellac, enamel, and other finishes.
- Scrape, sandpaper, prime, or seal surfaces prior to painting.
- Clean walls to ensure proper adherence.
- Cover surfaces with cloth or plastic to ensure protection.
- Calculate amounts of required materials and estimate costs.
- Fill cracks, holes, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other fillers, using caulking guns or putty knives.
- Erect scaffolding, movable and immovable staging and various rigging to gain access to difficult areas; moves furniture and equipment as necessary.
- Remove fixtures such as pictures, doorknobs, lamps, and electric switch covers prior to painting.
- Select and buy paint from vendors.
- Negotiate prices.
- Purchase quality brushes.
- Apply several coats according to paint directions.
- Tape off areas when needed.
- Apply touchups or second coats.
- Remove paint splatters when finished.
- Clean up all equipment, including brushes and spray guns.
- Utilize spray guns for large jobs.
- Work on ladders to reach high ceilings or walls.
Location: Conroe, TEXAS Position Type: Full Time, Temporary to Permanent Shift: First Shift Job Description Advantage Resourcing is hiring for Painters and P...
Occupation - Painter - $19.47 - $17.58 This classification consists of mixing and matching colors and paints, distinguishing the difference in quality. Must do brush and spray fi...
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Painter is responsible for painting, plastering, and wallpapering public areas to ensure a safe, efficient, well-maintained hotel environment. RESPONS...