Parts Salesperson Job Description
- Help customers find the spare parts they are looking for.
- Read catalogs to determine new parts on market.
- Ensure all necessary parts are stocked and ready for purchase.
- Order new parts from catalog as needed.
- Determine replacement parts required, according to inspections of old parts, customer requests, or customers' descriptions of malfunctions.
- Look over machine, product, or car to determine what part is needed.
- Locate other vendors who have the part if it isn't carried in store.
- Recommend substitute parts or show customers how to modify parts.
- Examine parts for defects.
- Exchange defective parts.
- Check out customers.
- Take cash, check, or credit card for purchase and dispense change.
- Take inventory of stock and replenish when needed.
- Take orders over the phone.
- Sell parts to repair garages, retail shops, truck and bus companies, dealers, and the public.
- Measure parts, using precision measuring instruments to determine whether similar parts may be machined to required size.
- Mark and store parts in stockroom according to prearranged system.
- Set up merchandise for display.
- Answer the customers' questions or problems.
- Use knowledge of machines and equipment to discuss the use and features of parts.
- Look up stock numbers and prices for parts in catalogs or on computers.
- Receive and deliver parts to customers.
Overview: Are you BUILT for a new challenge? Do you want to join a successful, growing team? Do you have excellent sales and customer service skills? H.O. Penn Machinery...
Overview: Are you BUILT for a new challenge? Do you want to join a successful, growing team? Do you have excellent sales and customer service skills? H.O. Penn Machiner...
Job Description Global Parts salespeople provide the highest levels of customer service. The Local Outside sales team members are responsible for promoting the entire line of Hea...