Payroll & Timekeeping Clerk Job Description
- Compute earnings of workers by referring to their annual salary or timesheet to discover hours worked.
- Initiate payroll during appropriate time and print off checks.
- Verify attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and post information onto designated records.
- Have checks signed off and approved by manager.
- Distribute checks to employees.
- Handle complaints or questions regarding discrepancies.
- Factor in vacation or sick pay when computing earnings.
- Check exempt and non-exempt statuses of employees.
- Close out paycheck cycle after termination.
- Perform calculations from worksheets and work tickets.
- Check electronic data for errors.
- Compile employee time, production, and payroll data from time sheets and other records.
- Calculate and include deductions, such as income tax withholding, Social Security payments, insurance, and union dues.
- Garnish wages due to child support or IRS intervention.
- Handle 401(k) contributions.
- Manage input of bonuses and commission.
- Distribute timecards.
- Ensure timecards have proper signatures upon submission.
- Utilize payroll software.
- Manage compensation packages.
- Balance payroll runs.
Companies with Similar Jobs
Large Oil/Engineering Company is in need of Payroll Clerk. Below are the necessary criteria for the position: MUST be bilingual in Spanish STRONG MULTITASKER that DOESN'T get ...
Payroll Clerk needed for processing payroll for up to 50 EEs. Processing for: -certified payroll -outside contractors -union EEs -Prevailing wage experience is a MUST! ...
CEC is the leading national provider of rehabilitative services for offenders in reentry and in-prison treatment facilities, as well as providing comprehensive management of county...