Responsible for operating and maintaining petroleum refining and processing units.
- Control pumping systems to circulate liquids through a refinery.
- Move product through lines to processing and shipping units.
- Operate pumps.
- Open and close valves.
- Operate steam or electric-driven pumps to circulate crude, semi processed, and finished petroleum products, water, and chemical solution through processing, storage, and shipping departments.
- Check temperatures and gauges.
- Record how much is pumped and what stocks were used.
- Read operating schedules.
- Take directions from dispatcher.
- Synchronize activities with other pumphouses to ensure continuous flow of products .
- Ensure minimal contamination between products.
- Turn handwheels to open line valves.
- Monitor process indicators, instruments, gauges, and meters.
- Regulate flow of oil into pipelines.
- Coordinate and regulate process variables.
- Operate auxiliary equipment.
- Control multiple processing units.
- Verify products are moving through correct meters.
- Ensure meters are functioning properly.
- Record logs and test results.
- Read automatic gauges at specified intervals.
- Control manifold and pumping systems.