Petroleum Pump System Operator Job Description
- Control pumping systems to circulate liquids through a refinery.
- Move product through lines to processing and shipping units.
- Operate pumps.
- Open and close valves.
- Operate steam or electric-driven pumps to circulate crude, semi processed, and finished petroleum products, water, and chemical solution through processing, storage, and shipping departments.
- Check temperatures and gauges.
- Record how much is pumped and what stocks were used.
- Read operating schedules.
- Take directions from dispatcher.
- Synchronize activities with other pumphouses to ensure continuous flow of products .
- Ensure minimal contamination between products.
- Turn handwheels to open line valves.
- Monitor process indicators, instruments, gauges, and meters.
- Regulate flow of oil into pipelines.
- Coordinate and regulate process variables.
- Operate auxiliary equipment.
- Control multiple processing units.
- Verify products are moving through correct meters.
- Ensure meters are functioning properly.
- Record logs and test results.
- Read automatic gauges at specified intervals.
- Control manifold and pumping systems.
ROLE SUMMARY: The Terminal Operator role is responsible for the overall operation and maintenance of the terminal, pipeline, marine, and rail assets as applicable, executing the...
ROLE SUMMARY: Learn truck rack terminal operations, pipeline station and delivery work, basic preventive maintenance, and pipeline right of way inspections, line marking, and on...
Kennedy/Jenks Consultants is an employee-owned, full-service, engineering and environmental sciences consulting firm, serving private and public sector clients throughout the Unite...