Physical Scientist Job Description
- Study, observe, and analyze the nature of energy and living matter.
- Specialize in any of several branches of science, such as physics, chemistry, and astronomy, and study the nature and properties of energy and nonliving matter.
- Create and conduct experiments to collect observable physical evidence of natural phenomena.
- Develop practical applications in the creation of new materials and devices.
- Use thought experiments to increase knowledge of their subject.
- Operate complex instruments.
- Develop theories to explain physical phenomena.
- Develop methods to improve existing products.
- Ensure that the manufacture of new products and materials can be carried out without problems.
- Collect samples in the field.
- Study the way natural systems impact daily life.
- Research a chosen field of science.
- Provide oversight to multidisciplinary teams responsible for planning, programming, execution, integration, validation, and verification activities.
- Collect environmental samples using a variety of sampling and data acquisition systems.
- Analyze test results in conformance with approved methods and operating procedures.
- Utilize knowledge of the principles and theories of hydrography, oceanography, geodesy, physics, geophysics, cartography and mathematics to perform duties.
PHYSICAL SCIENTIST-BEVERLY MASSACHUSETTS Duties FRONTIER TECHNOLOGY, INC. is seeking an experienced PHYSICAL SCIENTIST to support existing contracts in the Beverly, MA area. ...
Job Description ENSCO Inc. s National Security Solutions (NSS) Division provides innovative products and services vital to national safety and security. NSS develops cutting-ed...
vb The Physics Division (http://physics.lbl.gov/) at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL) has an opening for a Staff Scientist with expertise in instrumentation. We invite...