Physical Therapist Job Description
- Provide care to individuals of all ages.
- Diagnose and treat patients depending on their symptoms.
- Examine each individual and take medical histories.
- Test and measure the patients’ strength, range of motion, balance and coordination, posture, muscle performance, respiration, and motor function.
- Interpret doctors' recommendations.
- Develop a plan using techniques to promote the ability to move, reduce pain, restore function, and prevent disability.
- Evaluate and diagnose movement dysfunctions.
- Use therapeutic exercise, functional training, manual therapy techniques, assistive and adaptive devices and equipment, and physical agents and electrotherapeutic modalities to treat patients.
- Consult with physicians, dentists, nurses, educators, social workers, occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists, and audiologists.
- Prevent the loss of mobility.
- Teach individuals how to care for themselves.
- Help patient enhance strength, flexibility, range of motion, motor control, and reduce any pain, discomfort and swelling the patient is experiencing.
- Encourage patients to use muscles.
- Advise patients on techniques to use in the workplace.
- Use electrical stimulation, hot packs or cold compresses, and ultrasound to relieve pain and reduce swelling.
- Perform deep-tissue massage to relieve pain.
- Teach patients to use assistive and adaptive devices, such as crutches, prostheses, and wheelchairs.
Medical: Alta Physical Therapy is looking for an experienced FT Physical Therapist. Call Michele Category: Healthcare , Keywords: Physical Therapist ( PT )
Job Code: 06742-83513 PRN/Per Diem PRN LAS COLINAS MEDICAL CENTER IS LOOKING FOR A LICENSED PHYSICAL THERAPIST Shifts: PRN JOB DESCRIPTION ...
Full-time opening for a Physical Therapist in the Rehabilitative Services Department. Job Description: The therapist provides physical therapy treatments as prescribed. Qu...