Physician Assistant Job Description
- Provide diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventive healthcare services.
- Take medical histories.
- Ascertain allergies.
- Examine patients and determine reason for visit.
- Order and interpret laboratory tests.
- Order x-rays.
- Treat minor injuries.
- Apply antiseptics, dressings, bandages, and other wound care accouterments.
- Apply sutures.
- Splint and cast broken bones.
- Record patient's progress and make further recommendations.
- Instruct and counsel patients on a variety of topics.
- Prescribe physical therapy and medications.
- Order medical supplies.
- Supervise medical technicians, nurses, and assistants.
- Confer often with supervising physician.
- Make house calls.
- Administer inoculations.
- Order and set up special equipment.
- Provide surgical assistance.
- Attend to patients in hospitals.
- Recommend follow up visits.
Provides pain management services to patients with acute or chronic pain and acting as an assistant to physician in the Pain Center following established standards and practices. ...
The Physician Assistant will direct patient care in the hospital and clinic setting, handle all aspects of treatment plans, review and evaluate test results, complete medical docum...