Physicist Job Description
- Develop theories to explain atom formation.
- Conduct experiments to test theories on properties of matter and energy.
- Design scientific equipment.
- Develop new technology to be used in healthcare.
- Write scientific papers.
- Study theoretical areas, such as the fundamental nature of atoms and molecules and the evolution of the universe.
- Design and perform experiments with sophisticated equipment such as particle accelerators, electron microscopes, and lasers.
- Discover and formulate laws that explain the forces of nature, such as gravity, electromagnetism, and nuclear interactions.
- Develop advanced materials.
- Develop theories to better explain what gravity is or how the universe was formed.
- Plan radiation treatments for cancer patients.
- Investigate equipment performance, organize quality control practices, and design installation.
- Characterize several aspects of the charged particle environment in space.
- Develop, maintain, and improve codes and models used to characterize the space radiation environment and human exposure in that environment.
- Perform particle physics research and development of production target for high power production target single-slice prototype; thermal, structural and thermo-mechanical computer analysis
- Stay abreast of the research and development of new techniques, physical methods and equipment.
- Define the performance specifications and participates in the selection, acceptance testing and quality assurance of highly technical and costly equipment.
Job Code: 00005-16626 Full-time No Weekends A FULL-TIME PHYSICIST IS NEEDED WITH LEWISGALE\'S PREMIER CANCER FACILITY! SUMMARY OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: A Medical ...
To strengthen our Team in Peabody,MA we are seeking a Physicist. PHYSICIST YOUR JOB * Ability to calculate electric and magnetic fields from boundary values and distributions...
Position Description Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The Physics Department at BNL is seeking an experienced theoretical physicist with a well-established research re...