Pile-Driver Operator Job Description
- Work from machine cabs to direct operation of machine using pedals and levers.
- Move construction materials, earth, and other heavy materials at construction sites and mines.
- Clear land to prepare it for construction of roads,
- Drive pilings for retaining walls, bulkheads, and foundations of structures, such as buildings, bridges, and piers.
- Use pile driver head on machine to drive pilings.
- Judge distance and position piling leads.
- Host piling into leads.
- Position hammers over pilings.
- Activate power hammers.
- Raise and lower drophammers to drive piles.
- Continue dropping drophammers until task is completed.
- Use multiple controls to operate equipment.
- Oil and service machine as needed.
- Select appropriate attachments.
- Confer with building or project supervisor on job specifications.
- Comply with safety codes.
- Refill equipment.
- Dig trenches.
- Hoist heavy construction materials.
Temporary 2016-2017 logging season position from 06/06/2016 to 4/01/2017. Logging Tractor Operator: (Grapple Skidder) Operates a track or tire mounted grapple skidder. Bunchers...
L.B. Foster Company, a 113 year old American corporation, is a leading manufacturer, fabricator, and distributor of products for the transportation, construction, utility, and ener...
OVERVIEW: Perform maintenance, equipment operation, grounds and housekeeping tasks necessary to maintain plant sites, buildings, grounds and equipment managed by regional busine...