Pipe Fitter Job Description
- Coordinate with job site manager to configure pipe system layout.
- Order proper pipes and other materials.
- Select supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders.
- Assemble materials at job site.
- Select type and size of pipe.
- Cut, thread, and hammer pipes according to pipe system specs.
- Use saws and cutting torches to craft proper pipe sizes.
- Turn off steam, water, or gas from pipe section.
- Secure pipes to walls and fixtures using brackets, clamps, tools or welding equipment.
- Secure pipes to radiators or tanks.
- Repair and maintain pipe systems and components.
- Resolve problems such as obstructions or holes.
- Dip nonferrous piping materials in molten tin and lead to prevent erosion, or galvanic and electrolytic action.
- Remove water from flooded manholes or basements.
- Repair cracks and leaks.
ABOUT US: Backed by more than 30 years of experience and one of the industry's leading safety performance records, PPM, helps clients address the complex challenges inherent in t...
SEC Energy Products & Services is in need of Vessel Welders - Level I Essential Duties & Responsibilities: - Cuts all pipe end shale s to lengthen per drawings, beve...
MAINTENANCE ENGINEER - PIPEFITTER (28861) CATEGORY: JOB TYPE: Full Time SCHEDULE: Days LOCATION: Palo Alto, CA REQ: 28861 JOB DESCRIPTION The Maintenance Engi...