Pipe Fitter Job Description
- Coordinate with job site manager to configure pipe system layout.
- Order proper pipes and other materials.
- Select supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders.
- Assemble materials at job site.
- Select type and size of pipe.
- Cut, thread, and hammer pipes according to pipe system specs.
- Use saws and cutting torches to craft proper pipe sizes.
- Turn off steam, water, or gas from pipe section.
- Secure pipes to walls and fixtures using brackets, clamps, tools or welding equipment.
- Secure pipes to radiators or tanks.
- Repair and maintain pipe systems and components.
- Resolve problems such as obstructions or holes.
- Dip nonferrous piping materials in molten tin and lead to prevent erosion, or galvanic and electrolytic action.
- Remove water from flooded manholes or basements.
- Repair cracks and leaks.
Robinson Construction Company is accepting applications and resumes for carpenters, rod busters, concrete finishers, structural welders, iron workers, millwrights, pipe fitters, pi...
Location: National City, CA (MRG) Job Code: 2486 # of openings: 2 Requisition Category: Direct Funded (An unfunded or standing requisition is a solicitation for a contract that we...
Location: National City, CA (MRG) Job Code: 2485 # of openings: 1 Requisition Category: Direct Funded (An unfunded or standing requisition is a solicitation for a contract that we...