Responsible for assembling and installing pipe systems, pipe supports, and hydraulic and pneumatic equipment. Installs pipe for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling, and industrial production and processing systems.
- Coordinate with job site manager to configure pipe system layout.
- Order proper pipes and other materials.
- Select supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders.
- Assemble materials at job site.
- Select type and size of pipe.
- Cut, thread, and hammer pipes according to pipe system specs.
- Use saws and cutting torches to craft proper pipe sizes.
- Turn off steam, water, or gas from pipe section.
- Secure pipes to walls and fixtures using brackets, clamps, tools or welding equipment.
- Secure pipes to radiators or tanks.
- Repair and maintain pipe systems and components.
- Resolve problems such as obstructions or holes.
- Dip nonferrous piping materials in molten tin and lead to prevent erosion, or galvanic and electrolytic action.
- Remove water from flooded manholes or basements.
- Repair cracks and leaks.