Pipe Fitter Job Description
- Coordinate with job site manager to configure pipe system layout.
- Order proper pipes and other materials.
- Select supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders.
- Assemble materials at job site.
- Select type and size of pipe.
- Cut, thread, and hammer pipes according to pipe system specs.
- Use saws and cutting torches to craft proper pipe sizes.
- Turn off steam, water, or gas from pipe section.
- Secure pipes to walls and fixtures using brackets, clamps, tools or welding equipment.
- Secure pipes to radiators or tanks.
- Repair and maintain pipe systems and components.
- Resolve problems such as obstructions or holes.
- Dip nonferrous piping materials in molten tin and lead to prevent erosion, or galvanic and electrolytic action.
- Remove water from flooded manholes or basements.
- Repair cracks and leaks.
Job Description: First class pipe fitters with 3 to 5 years of first class ship yard experience Must pass hands on field test with roll outs Must pass written test with marine te...
Job Description: GIS has immediate openings for experienced Pipe Fitters in our Offshore Division. Six (6) months offshore experience in the craft that is applied for and TWIC car...
Job Description: Hutco Inc. is currently hiring 1st class Pipe Fitters for the Mobile area. Please see below for a full job description.Thank you! Essential Qualifications, Dutie...