Pipe Fitter Job Description
- Coordinate with job site manager to configure pipe system layout.
- Order proper pipes and other materials.
- Select supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders.
- Assemble materials at job site.
- Select type and size of pipe.
- Cut, thread, and hammer pipes according to pipe system specs.
- Use saws and cutting torches to craft proper pipe sizes.
- Turn off steam, water, or gas from pipe section.
- Secure pipes to walls and fixtures using brackets, clamps, tools or welding equipment.
- Secure pipes to radiators or tanks.
- Repair and maintain pipe systems and components.
- Resolve problems such as obstructions or holes.
- Dip nonferrous piping materials in molten tin and lead to prevent erosion, or galvanic and electrolytic action.
- Remove water from flooded manholes or basements.
- Repair cracks and leaks.
REPORTS TO: Supervisor - A Class Pipe Fitter reports to and takes direction from a Pipe Supervisor on a daily basis Overall purpose of job : To work within a team of P...
REPORTS TO: Supervisor - B Class Pipe Fitter reports to and takes direction from a Pipe Supervisor on a daily basis Overall purpose of job : To work within a tea...
Requirements: Minimum of 2 years of Experience testing and inspecting Fire Sprinkler, Fire Pumps and/or Fire Backflow Experience in servicing of working Fire Sprinkler Systems...