Pipe Laying Fitter Job Description
- Configure pipe routes.
- Align pipes in pipeline sections.
- Dig trenches with trenching tools.
- Slide pipe into trenches.
- Tell tractor driver where to move pipe in preparation for welding.
- Insert spaces in between pipes.
- Pull out defective or misaligned pipes.
- Correct alignments with sledgehammers.
- Inspect places where pipes are fitted together to ensure pipes are spaced out properly and according to specifications.
- Lay pipe for storm or sanitation sewers, drains, and water mains.
- Grade trenches or culverts.
- Seal joints.
- Use glue or welding equipment to ensure pipes are tightly fitted.
- Ensure pipes are fitted and aligned using grade rods or transit levels.
- Cover pipes with dirt or other material.
- Drill holes into pipes for auxiliary lines.
- Perform continual maintenance on pipes and replace those needing repair.
- Utilize magnetic or radio indicators.
BMCC is looking for experienced Pipe Fitters to join our growing company. Applicants MUST be proficient in the Mechanical Piping trade, and a license is preferred. Description: ...
C&W Services Job Description JOB TITLE: Welding & Pipefitting Technician ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Team member m...
Purpose: Lays out, fabricates, assembles, installs and maintains piping and piping systems and supports, fixtures and equipment for industrial piping systems based on knowledge of ...