Pipelayer Job Description
- Configure pipe routes.
- Align pipes in pipeline sections.
- Dig trenches with trenching tools.
- Slide pipe into trenches.
- Tell tractor driver where to move pipe in preparation for welding.
- Insert spaces in between pipes.
- Pull out defective or misaligned pipes.
- Correct alignments with sledgehammers.
- Inspect places where pipes are fitted together to ensure pipes are spaced out properly and according to specifications.
- Lay pipe for storm or sanitation sewers, drains, and water mains.
- Grade trenches or culverts.
- Seal joints.
- Use glue or welding equipment to ensure pipes are tightly fitted.
- Ensure pipes are fitted and aligned using grade rods or transit levels.
- Cover pipes with dirt or other material.
- Drill holes into pipes for auxiliary lines.
- Perform continual maintenance on pipes and replace those needing repair.
- Utilize magnetic or radio indicators.
Job Description: Visit our website and download application from www.ajaxpaving.com and fax completed application to 941-847-0687 or apply in person to Ajax Paving Industries of F...
Job Description: Excellent career opportunity available Ajax is seeking an experienced pipelayer to work full time on the pipe crew. The pipelayer is responsible for the conn...
Experienced in installation of PVC, Ductile Iron and Concrete Pipe in confined trench box shoring system. Experienced in using pipe lasers, transits, proper stone bedding techniqu...