Plant Scientist Job Description
- Organize planting, harvesting and other agronomic operations in the field or greenhouse.
- Perform tasks and experiments in the field and/or greenhouse.
- Organize and maintain inventory stocks of necessary breeding lines.
- Organize seed shipments.
- Work to ensure there is enough food for growing populations.
- Help maintain nation's food supply.
- Look for ways to improve crop yield with less labor, control pests and weeds more safely and effectively.
- Research ways to conserve soil and water.
- Collect samples in the field.
- Look for ways to use agricultural products for fuels.
- Study plants in order to help producers of food, animal feed, and fiber crops to feed a growing population and conserve natural resources.
- Help increase productivity.
- Study ways to improve the nutritional value of crops and the quality of seed, through biotechnology.
- Study the breeding, physiology, and management of crops and use genetic engineering to develop crops that are resistant to pests and to drought.
- Develop new technologies to control or eliminate pests and prevent their spread in ways appropriate to the specific environment.
- Perform research to understand the biological and chemical processes by which crops grow, such as determining the role of a particular gene in plant growth.
- Discover mechanisms to improve the quality, quantity, or safety of agricultural products.
- Manage or administer research and development programs.
- Manage marketing or production operations in companies that produce agricultural chemicals, seeds, and machinery.
- Conduct experiments to develop new or improved varieties of field crops, focusing on characteristics such as yield, quality, disease resistance, nutritional value, or adaptation to specific soils or climates.
Raritan, NJ, US Scientist/ Engineer, Terminal Sterilization Processing, Pilot Plant Operations-3768140905DescriptionJohnson & Johnson Services, Sterility Assurance is recruiting a ...
The Food Scientist position reports to the Senior Director of Product Development and Technical Research with additional reporting responsibilities to the Senior Scientists. The Fo...
QUALITY ASSURANCE AND MANUFACTURING SPECIALIST _Ajulia Executive Search_ Located near Richardson, Texas _COMPENSATION_ Competitive Salaries, Full Benefits, Bonus Eligible, Relo...