- Job Descriptions
- Plastics Engineer
Responsible for designing and developing materials and other goods made with plastics. Creates specifications, establishes manufacturing control plans, and designs pieces and parts.
- Design plastics or injection-mold fabrication processes.
- Create and improve injection-mold machinery.
- Research and develop new manufacturing processes.
- Analyze manufacturing data and suggest improvements.
- Analyze production and machinery line.
- Ensure quality output of molded components.
- Develop and design engineered plastic parts, insert molded parts and assemblies.
- Interact with customers, suppliers, and internal resources.
- Establish the parameters for an optimal molding environment.
- Design necessary components.
- Ensure environment to make plastics is appropriate.
- Analyze quality control and correct flaws.
- Work with other team members and vendors.
- Review existing validation reports.
- Create new reports and verifications.
- Analyze moldflow, part advisor analysis, finite element analysis, and stress/fatigue analysis on plastics.
- Design hot/cold runner molds.
- Develop 3D solid mold designs.
- Create water diagrams and hot runner wiring schematics.
- Prepare mold-filling simulations.