Plumber Job Description
- Install and maintain plumbing systems.
- Read blueprints and drawings to determine exact specifications and where plumbing system will be installed.
- Determine water supply networks and waste drainage systems.
- Coordinate with project manager on installation.
- Install systems used to transport water, waste, gases, or liquids.
- Ensure legislation and policies are met and that systems are up to code.
- Ensure systems meet all standards of building codes and safety.
- Cut openings in structures in preparation for pipes.
- Select all materials needed for installation, including type and size of pipe.
- Install supports and hangers for pipe, fixtures and equipment.
- Assemble and install valves and fittings.
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing and welding equipment.
- Install other plumbing equipment, such as sinks, tubs, toilets, water heaters, air conditioners, appliances, and trim.
- Measure, cut, thread, and bend pipe to required angle
- Observe pressure gauges to fix leaks.
- Test pipe systems and fix leaks.
- Repair and maintain water treatment equipment.
- Perform scheduled maintenance.
- Ensure all installations, repairs and maintenance are properly sized, aligned, supported and grade.
- Supervise assistants and helpers.
- Prepare budgets and estimate scope of work.
- Negotiate prices.
- Maintain daily logs of maintenance and installation.
* Immediate job opening for a experienced plumber. * Service and resident experience a plus. * Licensed plumber a plus but not required.
Apprentice and journeyman plumbers needed for commercial projects in Central and Downeast Maine.