- Job Descriptions
Responsible for stringing together words and phrases to create verses. Expresses emotions and tells a story through narrative, dramatic, or lyrical poetry.
- Form words into verse to dramatically express emotion.
- Simplify lengthier stories or condense them into poetry.
- Choose subject matter and perform extensive research.
- Draw from personal experiences to create poetry.
- Take creative writing classes to enhance knowledge.
- Write copy for publishing companies and advertising agencies.
- Write verses or sentiments for greeting cards.
- Perform poetry at open-mic nights or other events.
- Brainstorm for ideas.
- Compose eulogies for funerals.
- Write different types of poetry verse, including odes, haikus, limericks, free verse, blank verse, tankas, narratives, doggerel, enjambment, epitaphs, allegory and cacophony.
- Select different types of rhythm, including iambic pentameter or free verse.
- Read up on former and contemporary celebrated poets for reference.
- Submit poetry to publishing companies.
- Promote poetry books at event and through PR.
- Utilize a variety of techniques in poetry including metaphors, similes and onomatopoeia.
- Experiment with different techniques including repetition, meter and rhyme.
- Utilize different structures including line, couplet, strophe and stanza.