Police Detective Job Description
- Investigate criminal acts such as homicides, sexual assaults, armed robberies, home invasions, and property crimes such as burglaries.
- Collect and use forensic evidence to solve crimes.
- Interview informants, suspects, and witnesses to ascertain alibis, clues, time frames, and possible suspects.
- Keep detailed records.
- Bag evidence carefully and ensure it gets sent to proper department.
- Send specimens to laboratory to obtain DNA.
- Run fingerprints through database to obtain matches.
- Collect enough evidence to support a court case against a criminal.
- Process crime scenes.
- Request additional police assistance.
- File paperwork.
- Follow up on leads.
- Prepare investigative reports.
- Attend autopsies and make notes.
- Prepare sketches and diagrams.
- Explain to the jury the significance of evidence as it relates to proof.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of federal and state statutes and court cases related to work performed and agency rules and regulations.
- Obtain search warrants.
- Perform surveillance and monitor suspects.
- Analyze laboratory findings.
- Exchange information and coordinate activities with other departments.
- Record physical information about suspects.
- Take fingerprints at crime scene.
Now hiring for various shifts. * Must be 18 years of age; valid drivers license; pass drug test and criminal background check. * Patrols the complex to ensure the security ...
* Monitors the Inspection Service's national radio traffic, record events, provide information requested by radio users. * Monitors intrusion detection systems using automated a...
Paragon Systems is hiring for the position of Campus Security Operation Center (CSOC) Monitor for our St, Elizabeth DHS Complex contract. Any interested candidates must be individu...