Police Patrol Officer Job Description
- Patrol area to protect people's lives and property.
- Regulate traffic.
- Respond to accidents or stranded motorists.
- Identify and arrest people accused of violations, including assault, burglary, larceny, and carjacking.
- Enforce motor vehicle laws.
- Testify in court.
- Bag and present evidence.
- Respond to distress calls or calls for assistance.
- Investigate reports of suspicious activity.
- Interview witnesses and suspects.
- Call for backup if needed.
- Pursue fleeing suspects on foot.
- Search vehicles for drugs or paraphernalia.
- Investigate traffic accidents to determine cause of accident.
- Provide road assistance to motorists and give directions if necessary.
- Assist transients with relocation and shelter information.
- Book and process prisoners.
- Write records of arrests and reasons for arrest.
- Reroute traffic in case of accidents or emergencies.
- Escort citizens during funeral processions.
- Issue citations or warnings to people who violate motor vehicle laws.
- Check for proper identification and verify licenses and registration during traffic stops.
- Use drug dogs to search houses or vehicles for drugs.
- Patrol areas on horseback.
Delta Company Police is a company that has the same jurisdiction as municipalities on all property that we are contracted to protect by the owner or person in possession and contro...
UNIVERSITY POLICE OFFICER II MUST BE CERTIFIED BY THE MARYLAND POLICE TRANING COMMISSION (MPTC) COME EXPLORE THE EXCELLENT CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AT THE UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND ...
Police Officer II (Non-Certified): Performs assigned duties, under direction of experienced personnel, to gain knowledge and experience required to become a Certified Police Office...