Postal Service Clerk Job Description
- Answer questions about office hours and when items are picked up to be mailed.
- Sell postage and books of stamps.
- Affix stamps to packages.
- Inform customer about postage rates.
- Open post office boxes.
- Retrieve parcels from the back that couldn't be dropped off and give to customer.
- Assist mail carriers by putting mail in bags for transport.
- Sort outgoing mail.
- Check packages for proper postage and addresses.
- Complete forms regarding changes of address, or theft or loss of mail, or for special services such as registered or priority mail.
- Hand-stamp mail.
- Fill out and process money orders.
- Take passport photos and process applications.
- Obtain signatures for priority pick-up.
- Register, certify, and insure letters and parcels.
- Record and balance cash drawer.
- Give change to customers.
- Set postage meters.
- Cash money orders.
- Handle complaints regarding mail theft, delivery problems, and lost or damaged mail.
- Send out notifications for packages that could not be delivered.
Job Description: JOB TITLE: MAIL CLERK JOB PURPOSE: The Mail Clerk sorts internal mail and delivers it to the destination, often using a cart to carry the ma...
Job Description: JOB TITLE: MAIL CLERK/DATA ENTRY CLERK JOB PURPOSE: The MC/DEC sorts internal mail and delivers it to the destination, often using a cart to car...
Job Description: JOB TITLE: MAIL CLERK JOB PURPOSE: The MC sorts internal mail and delivers it to the destination, often using a cart to carry the mail between o...