Postal Service Mail Carrier Job Description
- Deliver packages and mail to businesses and people in towns, cities, and rural areas.
- Set up a route and deliver mail six days a week on route.
- Place packages and letters in mailbox and secure with mailbox flap.
- Secure many envelopes or parcels with a rubber band.
- Retrieve outgoing mail from boxes.
- Place larger packages on porch or doorstep.
- Take packages into businesses and give to individual.
- Ensure people sign off for receipt of package.
- Arrange mail in delivery sequence.
- Collect money for postage-due and COD (cash-on-delivery) fees and obtain signed receipts for registered, certified, and insured mail.
- Leave notices on customers' doors informing them packages could not be delivered and will be held.
- Sell stamps and money orders.
- Answer questions about postal regulations.
- Provide change-of-address cards and other postal forms when requested.
- Operate approved vehicle to deliver mail or walk on foot.
- Assist people by lifting heavy packages and placing them at their door.
- Inform individuals when mail cannot be delivered due to holidays or inclement weather.
The Defense Health Agency (DHA), our client, is a Combat Support Agency (CSA) responsible for supporting joint operating forces across the range of military operations and in suppo...
Job Description: Program Analyst Position Description CGI Federal is seeking a Program Analyst to support the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Immigration and Customs...
Essential Functions: 1. Assist in the process of managing accounts in accordance with agency standards and workflows. 2. Develop knowledge of carrier websites 3. Retrieve polic...