Responsible for the operation and instructional leadership at a postsecondary school. Trains and supervises staff, sets instructional objectives, and works to build a rapport with parents.
- Manage day-to-day activities at a postsecondary school.
- Create instructional resources for use in the classroom.
- Develop academic programs.
- Monitor students and teachers for progress.
- Train, encourage, and mentor teachers and other staff.
- Manage career counseling.
- Administer record keeping.
- Supervise teachers, counselors, librarians, and other support staff.
- Maintain rapport with parents.
- Handle tours and marketing.
- Prepare budgets and annual reports.
- Work actively with teachers to maintain high curriculum standards.
- Formulate mission statements.
- Establish performance goals and objectives.
- Explain or answer procedural questions.
- Hire, train, and evaluate teachers.
- Visit classrooms and observe teaching methods.
- Examine learning materials.
- Review instructional objectives and adjust accordingly.
- Meet with other administrators, parents, and community organizations.