Power Plant Equipment Operator Job Description
- Maintain and operate power plant equipment.
- Control and monitor boilers, turbines, generators, and auxiliary equipment.
- Perform calibration check of scale accuracy at the beginning of each work shift.
- Control and operate equipment such as loaders, drills, tractors, trucks, crushers, excavators, fork lifts, bulldozers and cranes.
- Observe gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Perform maintenance on equipment.
- Control machinery that generates electricity.
- Distribute power among generators, regulate the output from several generators, and monitor instruments to maintain voltage and regulate electricity flows from the plant.
- Communicate with dispatchers at distribution centers to match production with system the load.
- Start and stop generators, altering the amount of electricity output.
- Ensure everything is operating smoothly and efficiently.
- Prepare for emergencies or potential disasters.
- Keep records of switching operations and loads on generators, lines, and transformers.
- Report and follow up on incidents.
- Detect and isolate malfunctioning equipment.
- Operate and monitor equipment that increases or decreases voltage.
- Operate switchboard levers to control the flow of electricity in and out of the substations.
BASIC FUNCTION Maintain plant equipment and facilities to meet operating requirements and objectives ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES * Perform maintenance mechanic assignments...
IMAGINE...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulatin...
Fires Boilers and controls generation of the required steam demand for heating Hospital Buildings, Absorption Units, Sterilizers and Auxiliary Equipment. Operates absorbers, chille...