Responsible for developing, designing, and implementing technology systems and services that affect legal services for clients. Creates sustainable service model to enhance client services. Promotes use of litigation support systems.
- Design and implement technology systems and services in a legal practice.
- Implement best practices related to case management, practice technology, document management, and matter workflow.
- Advice case teams on internal and external systems.
- Answer phone calls and respond to emails.
- Research legal technology.
- Supervise document clerks.
- Assist attorneys with litigation, technology support, software products, and court hardware needs.
- Train attorneys and paralegals on litigation software.
- Develop computer-based case management plans and strategies.
- Convert case documents to electronic media.
- Coordinate technology for court reporters.
- Prepare notebook computers for case-related use, load case databases, related image files, and transcripts as necessary.
- Coordinate with Director of Technology regarding litigation software requirements and training needs.
- Assist in the selection of litigation technology vendors.
- Provide training on e-discovery.
- Confer with courts to determine technology compliance.
- Upgrade software as needed.