Responsible for providing a safe and developmentally appropriate preschool program for young children that complies with all relevant legislation, policies and procedures. Nurtures children, provides meals, crafts, and instruction, and ensures students are clean and kept safe.
- Develop a program for young children within the preschool.
- Provide nutritious snacks and lunches.
- Talk with parents about behavioral ups and downs.
- Develop activities to stimulate the children.
- Establish policies and procedures for inside and outside the classroom.
- Become familiar with emergency procedures and protocol.
- Clean and sterilize equipment and toys daily.
- Provide weekly schedules for children and parents.
- Ensure cupboards are locked and cleaning supplies out of reach.
- Supervise children at all times.
- Integrate special needs children in a respectful manner.
- Create arts and crafts for children.
- Comfort children in times of need.
- Encourage children with expressions and hugs.
- Discuss development with parents.
- Identify problems and convene with professionals if necessary.
- Participate in fundraising for the school.
- Promote literacy and early education.