Responsible for promoting safety by inspecting the construction, installation, and maintenance of boilers and pressure vessels.
- Inspect pressure vessels to determine conformance with safety laws and regulations.
- Inspect materials and evaluate design, fabrication, installation, and operation.
- Perform tests to verify condition of equipment.
- Test meters and gauges.
- Determine extend of corrosion cracking.
- Evaluate safety devices, regulators, construction quality, and riveting, welding.
- Examine safety valves.
- Preside over installation tests.
- Record and prepare reports of inspections and investigations.
- Examine and verify permits and inspection records.
- Determine inspection schedule.
- Recommend actions to correct safety hazards.
- Inspect and evaluate gas mains to determine that rate of flow, pressure, location, construction, or installation conform to standards.
- Document and investigate accidents.
- Confer with engineers, manufacturers, contractors, owners, and operators.
- Follow up on owners with violations.