Producer Job Description
- Oversee projects mainly in film, television, and video industries.
- Work with directors on shoots.
- Raise funding for films.
- Devise budgets and ensure production stays within financial limits.
- Secure rights to novels, plays, or screenplays.
- Commission writers to compose screenplays.
- Read and select scripts.
- Work with director to organize shooting schedules.
- Hire and train staff.
- Select directors.
- Help with casting, auditioning, and working with actors and actresses.
- Find sponsors and grants to supplement their budgets
- Work with director to ensure production schedule is followed.
- Rent theaters or help with the building and design of sets.
- Work with distributors to showcase movies at theaters.
- Supervise production assistants, associate producers, or assistant producers.
- Determine appropriate locations for shooting.
- Keep movie on original creative track.
- Offer suggestions as necessary to director.
- Act as a liaison between the studio and the film's creative and technical staff.
- Review the edited cut of the film or TV series.
- Green-light final edit.
- Review distributor's advertising campaign.
Description WHBQ TV IN MEMPHIS, TN is looking for a line PRODUCER. WHBQ is looking for a producer who can emerge as a newsroom leader, who can make decisions and then execute ...
The News Producer creates content for television and other digital platforms. The position requires proactive management of all content within the newscast: copy, video, graphics, ...
Reporting to a Senior or Staff Producer, this Producer position is responsible for managing one or multiple projects at once (corporate, sizzles, online videos, TV commercials) and...