- Job Descriptions
Responseible for facilitating video, television, and film projects from beginning to end. Arranges and raises funding and entities investors, creates budgets, collaborates with directors, and supervises production assistants.
- Oversee projects mainly in film, television, and video industries.
- Work with directors on shoots.
- Raise funding for films.
- Devise budgets and ensure production stays within financial limits.
- Secure rights to novels, plays, or screenplays.
- Commission writers to compose screenplays.
- Read and select scripts.
- Work with director to organize shooting schedules.
- Hire and train staff.
- Select directors.
- Help with casting, auditioning, and working with actors and actresses.
- Find sponsors and grants to supplement their budgets
- Work with director to ensure production schedule is followed.
- Rent theaters or help with the building and design of sets.
- Work with distributors to showcase movies at theaters.
- Supervise production assistants, associate producers, or assistant producers.
- Determine appropriate locations for shooting.
- Keep movie on original creative track.
- Offer suggestions as necessary to director.
- Act as a liaison between the studio and the film's creative and technical staff.
- Review the edited cut of the film or TV series.
- Green-light final edit.
- Review distributor's advertising campaign.