- Job Descriptions
- Production Inspector
Responsible for examining materials for quality and defects. Ensures that people, equipment, and materials are used properly to maximize productivity.
- Ensure quality of manufactured goods.
- Inspect goods as they are finished.
- Examine materials from suppliers before sending them to production line.
- Inspect components, subassemblies, and assemblies.
- Perform quick visual inspections.
- Perform complex tests using instruments and equipment.
- Test, measure, and analyze products.
- Take samples for testing.
- Order materials.
- Perform inspections.
- Ensure company is meeting the standard codes in the manufacturing process.
- Record pass/fail grade of products.
- Produce detailed reports.
- Observe dials, gauges and indicators to make sure that a machine is working properly.
- Count number of products tested or inspected.
- Clean and repair machines.
- Weigh product and samples to verify packaging weight.
- Compare color, shape, texture, or grade of product or material with color chart, template, or sample to ensure consistency.
- Use thermometers, voltmeters, moisture meters, or tensiometers to test products.