Psychiatric Aide Job Description
- Provide care to emotionally disturbed or mentally ill patients in a healthcare setting.
- Perform routine tasks under the supervision of registered nurses.
- Take patient's temperate, pulse, and respiration rate.
- Take blood pressure and determine if range is abnormal.
- Answer calls for help and determine if additional help is needed.
- Prepare and serve meals.
- Feed patient and mash up food if necessary.
- Bathe and dress patient.
- Make beds and perform light housekeeping duties in patient's room.
- Take patient on walks.
- Deliver them to operating rooms.
- Provide skin care.
- Set up equipment.
- Store and move supplies.
- Observe patients' physical, mental, and emotional conditions.
- Observe fluid intake and output.
- Report abnormal changes or patterns to nursing staff.
- Develop nurturing relationships with patient.
- Empty bedpans and change dirty linens.
- Report violent behavior.
- Follow proper procedures for lifting and moving patients.
- Bathe deceased patients.
- Accompany body to morgue.
- Insert catheters and administer bladder irrigations.
- Perform enemas.
- Socialize with patients.
- Lead them in educational and recreational activities.
- Play games with patient or watch television or movies with them.
Job Description: As part of the Telecare community, the San Bernardino ACT program located in the city of San Bernardino provides assertive community treatment to adults with a se...
Description: Valley Hospital is a private 122 bed psychiatric hospital specializing in mental health care and chemical dependency counseling services. The Dietary Aide is responsib...
Seeking Mental Health Aides for various locations throughout Las Vegas. Job description: Observing client behavior on an ongoing basis to monitor the effectiveness of treatme...