Psychiatric Aide Job Description
- Provide care to emotionally disturbed or mentally ill patients in a healthcare setting.
- Perform routine tasks under the supervision of registered nurses.
- Take patient's temperate, pulse, and respiration rate.
- Take blood pressure and determine if range is abnormal.
- Answer calls for help and determine if additional help is needed.
- Prepare and serve meals.
- Feed patient and mash up food if necessary.
- Bathe and dress patient.
- Make beds and perform light housekeeping duties in patient's room.
- Take patient on walks.
- Deliver them to operating rooms.
- Provide skin care.
- Set up equipment.
- Store and move supplies.
- Observe patients' physical, mental, and emotional conditions.
- Observe fluid intake and output.
- Report abnormal changes or patterns to nursing staff.
- Develop nurturing relationships with patient.
- Empty bedpans and change dirty linens.
- Report violent behavior.
- Follow proper procedures for lifting and moving patients.
- Bathe deceased patients.
- Accompany body to morgue.
- Insert catheters and administer bladder irrigations.
- Perform enemas.
- Socialize with patients.
- Lead them in educational and recreational activities.
- Play games with patient or watch television or movies with them.
Description: Old Vineyard Behavioral Health Services is a private psychiatric hospital meeting the behavioral healthcare needs of our community. Located in Winston-Salem, NC, our 1...
SUMMARY Provides psychiatric rehabilitative and counseling services to individuals with mental illness and to their families, collaborating with psychiatric and allied team in ...
Description: Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) is one of the nation s largest and most respected health care management companies, operating through its subsidiaries acute care...