Responsible for managing a public relations department along with its staff. Directs publicity programs and campaigns, improves public image of company, and clarifies company's point of view on important issues.
- Manage public relations department.
- Recruit, hire, train, and manage PR specialists.
- Evaluate and implement sales promotion programs.
- Develop PR strategies, campaigns, and initiatives to improve pubic perception of company.
- Improve management and employee relations.
- Prepare and publish newsletters and other company literature.
- Create motivational videos.
- Produce annual reports on financial status of firm.
- Release promotion literature about new products.
- Draft speeches with chief executives.
- Respond to information queries from media and the general public.
- Identify audience for product or service.
- Write press releases and media kits.
- Develop and maintain corporate image and logos.
- Manage company sponsorships.
- Maintain effective working relationships with local and municipal government officials and media representatives.
- Formulate policies and procedures related to public information programs.
- Manage an organization's reputation with the public in general and clients.
- Compile comprehensive information about the company for the media.
- Develop and launch Internet or intranet web pages.
- Manage communications budgets.
- Confer with the labor relations managers in order to develop internal communications to inform employees of various company activities.