- Job Descriptions
- Public Transportation Inspector
Responsible for inspecting public transportation vehicles and railways to ensure they comply with federal and state regulations.
- Inspect public transportation vehicles for problems.
- Green-light vehicles after inspection or recommend additional repairs.
- Investigate accidents and complaints.
- File reports.
- Ensure employees are performing assigned duties.
- Evaluate employees' performance.
- Ensure employees treat passengers with dignity and respect.
- Evaluate schedules for adherence and timeliness.
- Record time required to load and unload passengers.
- Investigate delays and infractions.
- Inspect property for evidence of abuse, damage, and mechanical malfunction and directs repair.
- Add additional routes and vehicles.
- Schedule repairs for vehicles.
- Detect conditions hazardous to equipment.
- Eliminate local hazards with cooperation of local government.
- Investigate and report disruptions.
- Dispatch equipment and mechanics.
- Submit reports to management.