Responsible for creating, producing, and announcing topics over the radio, including entertaining programs, political commentary, news, interviews, weather, and other matters of interest.
- Produce, write, and narrate programs on the radio.
- Conduct interviews.
- Operate equipment.
- Play music and commercials.
- Answer phone calls.
- Represent station at industry and community functions and events.
- Determine news and information appropriate for broadcast.
- Operate central equipment rack.
- Prepare newscasts and deliver them on-air.
- Write and edit news copy.
- Write and edit introductions and continuity for reports, actualities and other elements inserted within network programming.
- Adjust transmitter power.
- Prepare and/or review public service announcements, underwriting announcements, pre-recorded reports and audio elements, newspapers, and program rundowns.
- Produce program segments.
- Help raise money for programming.
- Hold contests and issue prizes to winners.
- Read news flashes.
- Work with producers and assistants to create timely program content.
- Give weather and traffic conditions.
- Deliver sports scores, stats, statistics, and information about upcoming games.
- Inform public of program sponsors.
- Announce public service information.
- Run broadcasting tests.
- Record commercials.