Radiologic Technologist Job Description
- Prep patient for diagnostic imaging exam.
- Read doctor's notes as to why exam is being performed.
- Take medical histories.
- Produce x-ray films of parts of the human body for use in diagnosing medical problems such as cancer or fractures.
- Have patient undress and remove jewelry.
- Explain procedure to patient.
- Ascertain is patient is claustrophobic.
- Position patients so that the parts of the body can be appropriately radiographed.
- Prepare solutions for patients to drink.
- Surround the exposed area with radiation protection devices.
- Position radiographic equipment at the correct angle and height over the appropriate area of a patient's body.
- Measure the thickness of the section to be radiographed.
- Adjust controls on the x-ray machine to produce radiographs of the appropriate density, detail, and contrast of the body part.
- Keep patient records.
- Adjust and maintain equipment.
- Purchase equipment.
- Manage radiology departments.
- Dictate worker schedules.
Description: These are being posted in Manassas, VA because our corporate offices are at this location but these potential vacancies will be located throughout the East Coast Wash...
Description The Radiology Technologist will be a graduate of an A.M.A. approved Allied Health program. A Louisiana license will be required for this individuals prior to employmen...
Job Details Graduate of a Radiology Technologist program I am at least 18 years of age I am authorized to work in the United States I meet the job requirements as described...