- Job Descriptions
- Radiologic Technologist
Responsible for performing diagnostic imaging examinations on patients, such as x rays, magnetic resonance imaging, and computed tomography.
- Prep patient for diagnostic imaging exam.
- Read doctor's notes as to why exam is being performed.
- Take medical histories.
- Produce x-ray films of parts of the human body for use in diagnosing medical problems such as cancer or fractures.
- Have patient undress and remove jewelry.
- Explain procedure to patient.
- Ascertain is patient is claustrophobic.
- Position patients so that the parts of the body can be appropriately radiographed.
- Prepare solutions for patients to drink.
- Surround the exposed area with radiation protection devices.
- Position radiographic equipment at the correct angle and height over the appropriate area of a patient's body.
- Measure the thickness of the section to be radiographed.
- Adjust controls on the x-ray machine to produce radiographs of the appropriate density, detail, and contrast of the body part.
- Keep patient records.
- Adjust and maintain equipment.
- Purchase equipment.
- Manage radiology departments.
- Dictate worker schedules.