Rail-Track Laying & Maintenance Equipment Operator Job Description
- Prepare track by cutting rails to appropriate lengths with rail saws.
- Utilize standard or narrow-gauge railroad equipment.
- Lay track or rails over section of track.
- Adjust guidelines for track alignments.
- Use wire-guideline machine to level or align rails.
- Lay track to specified gauge.
- Verify levelness and alignment with leveling indicator.
- Repair track switches.
- Pull worn-out spikes from ties.
- Clean and level ballast on tracks.
- Raise rails to remove or replace ties.
- Drill holes through rails, tie plates, or fishplates for insertion of bolts or spikes.
- Remove or raise tracks to new locations.
- Operate graders, tamping machines, brooms, and ballast-cleaning-spreading machines to pour gravel and ballast between rails.
- Service machine and fill hydraulic reservoirs.
- Remove damaged or unbroken track.
- Grind down rails into smoother joints.
- Tighten or loosen bolts at joints that hold rails together.
- Coat ties, fishplates, or joints with oil.
- Clear snow and debris from tracks regularly.
- Test tracks with proper equipment.
- Paint and erect railroad signs with the proper indications.
- Cut ties and insert fishplates onto rails.
Job Description: Cleans and prepares construction sites to eliminate possible hazards. Reads and interprets plans, instructions, and specifications to determine work activitie...
Electrical Maintenance Career Center: External City/Town: Philadelphia Location: Maintenance Group Type of Assignment: Permanent Position Type: Full Time Job Description SEPTA is s...