Rail Yard Engineer Job Description
- Drive trains between stations.
- Move trains around a rail yard.
- Check the mechanical condition of locomotives and make adjustments when necessary.
- Document issues with train.
- Order inspections for train.
- Operate locomotive engines.
- Move tons of goods around the country to ports.
- Transport passengers and commuters to destinations.
- Keep freight and passenger trains running properly.
- Travel with conductors and brake operators.
- Work with conductor to remain informed about condition of train.
- Drive diesel-electric engines.
- Check condition of rails.
- Monitor speed, air pressure, battery use, and other instruments to ensure that the locomotive runs smoothly.
- Use throttles and brakes to operate train.
- Communicate with dispatchers over radios to get information about delays or changes in the schedule.
- Move locomotives between tracks.
- Operate small dickeys.
- Drive locomotives to and from maintenance shops.
Description: Ferrellgas is seeking 3 Part-time Material Handlers in Maytown, WA to be responsible for operating a rail trans-loading facility. The Material Handler will be executin...
Job Summary: Safely and responsibly operate company vehicles to include: tractor-trailer, oil tanker, yard tractor, pickup truck, van, etc., for the transportation and delivery ...
Job Description Arcadis is hiring for a Resident Engineer Rail Transportation for our New York office. Successful candidates will have spent at least 10 years in progressive...