Rail Yard Engineer Job Description
- Drive trains between stations.
- Move trains around a rail yard.
- Check the mechanical condition of locomotives and make adjustments when necessary.
- Document issues with train.
- Order inspections for train.
- Operate locomotive engines.
- Move tons of goods around the country to ports.
- Transport passengers and commuters to destinations.
- Keep freight and passenger trains running properly.
- Travel with conductors and brake operators.
- Work with conductor to remain informed about condition of train.
- Drive diesel-electric engines.
- Check condition of rails.
- Monitor speed, air pressure, battery use, and other instruments to ensure that the locomotive runs smoothly.
- Use throttles and brakes to operate train.
- Communicate with dispatchers over radios to get information about delays or changes in the schedule.
- Move locomotives between tracks.
- Operate small dickeys.
- Drive locomotives to and from maintenance shops.
APPLY TO BECOME A NAME BEHIND THE FLAME! For more than 70 years, people all across America have relied on Ferrellgas for their home, business, and agricultural needs. Why work at ...
Job Description Arcadis is hiring a Construction Manager with Rail Transportation for our New York office. Successful candidates will have spent at least 10 years in progressive...
Job Description: Warehouse ManagerREQUISITION NUMBER: 20160829-25001-001HOME COMPANY: L K Comstock National TransitCOMPANY LOCATION: LKC National TransitBUSINESS UNIT/DEPT: OP...