Railroad Conductor Job Description
- Ensure passengers board safely and baggage is properly secured.
- Check passengers’ tickets.
- Stamp tickets and issue receipts.
- Take payments from passengers who did not buy tickets in advance.
- Announce stations and give other announcements as needed.
- Announce bad weather.
- Help passengers to safety when needed.
- Assist passengers with disabilities.
- Deal with unruly passengers when needed
- Oversee loading and unloading of cargo.
- Give departing passengers directions.
- Coordinate activities of train crew.
- Ensure safety and comfort of all onboard.
- Point passengers to areas where they can use the bathroom or buy food and drink.
- Discuss train's route, timetable, and cargo with locomotive engineer.
- Keep locomotive engineer informed of any changes in the condition of train.
- Receive and relay information about delays and the location of other trains.
Professional/Management Career Center: External City/Town: Philadelphia Location: Transportation Group Type of Assignment: Permanent Position Type: Full Time Start Date: 11/17/2015...
CP is looking for experienced Mechanical Managers to fill positions across our network. This position will likely require future relocation throughout our system including Canada...
Canadian Pacific (TSX:CP)(NYSE:CP) is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to eight major ports, including Vancouver and Montreal, providing...