Refuse Material Collector Job Description
- Pick up debris and refuse from homes and businesses.
- Manually move material from one place to another.
- Pack or wrap material by hand.
- Keep a record of the material they move.
- Go back to retrieve cans that were missed.
- Pick up trash on the street that missed dumpster.
- Replace trash cans curbside.
- Use signals to assist machine operators who are moving larger pieces of material.
- Pick up leaves and yard refuse.
- Transport trash to dump, landfill, or recycling center.
- Lift cans by hand and empty into truck, or operate crane to lift cans.
- Drive garbage or recycling truck along scheduled route.
- Use a hydraulic lift to empty contents of the dumpster into their truck.
- Refuel trucks or add other fluids, such as oil or brake fluid.
- Operate automated or semi-automated hoisting devices.
- Tell dispatchers about delays or accidents.
- Inspect dump trucks before and after route.
Companies with Similar Jobs
Refuse and Recyclable Material Collectors Collect and dump refuse or recyclable materials from containers into truck. May drive truck. Requires a Class B CDL. Must be able to lif...
Must have a valid NCDL to apply. Ability to push, pull and/or lift up to 70lbs. Manually load trucks. Must be will or able to obtain a CDL license. Must be able to operate a fo...