Reporter Job Description
- Gather information for news or human interest stories.
- Utilize a number of sources to gain different perspectives and facts.
- Conduct interviews.
- Direct cameraman to capture best angles.
- Meet with government officials and conduct interviews.
- Specialize in covering the news in a certain field such as science, politics, or crime.
- Travel to places where events are unfolding.
- Work for daily or weekly newspapers.
- Cover the beats for certain subjects.
- Take photographs.
- Perform general office work.
- Write, edit, and revise body copy for articles.
- Work on freelance projects for magazines, blogs, or newspapers.
- Transmit news stories and photographs via satellite dishes that feed the information directly into computers.
- Convert information into short news clips edited for broadcasting.
- Describe background and details of events.
- Look over notes before a broadcast.
- Determine an article's length and format.
- Attend political, sports, news, and other events to gather information.
- Investigate crimes, natural disasters, shootings, and other breaking news.
- Report on specialized fields such as medicine, science and technology, politics, foreign affairs, sports, arts, consumer affairs, business, religion, crime, or education.
- Establish priorities of events and determine order in which they will be broadcast.
- Fact-check sources and information.
Reporter. The Summit Daily News seeks a reporter to cover crime and courts, public safety and the towns of Dillon and Frisco. This reporter will help us compile the best police bl...
Description KIRO 7 is hiring for an experienced, enterprising and energetic hard-news REPORTER. This seasoned journalist will join a newsroom that emphasizes breaking news, daily ...
General reporting assignments from Executive Producers and Assignment Desk. Provide story narration on or off camera. Work performed is for all media platforms and initiatives, ...