Residential Appraiser Job Description
- Perform detailed inspections on property to determine value, factoring in dates, quality, and age of property.
- Inspect for faulty plumbing, windows, and cracked or sagging foundation.
- Check roofs for leaks and sustainability.
- Use data such as incorporating cost, market and income approaches to property valuation.
- Produce written appraisals for clients, government agencies, or companies
- Compile research in detailed reports
- Correctly identify discrepancies between the property’s description and its actual state.
- Demonstrate ability to analyze a problem coherently and provide precautionary advice before a purchase
- Work on a client-to-client basis, making appraisals for a variety of reasons.
- Examine additions to house or building to determine updated value.
- Recommend repairs and estimate the cost of repairs.
- Compare value of house to comparative homes to determine appraisal value.
- Recommend if house is suitable for purchase or if demolition is an appropriate action.
- Work with the city to determine property lines and whether existing structures can be expanded.
Interested candidates apply to job ID 2016-1768 on our career site. This position is primarily responsible for assisting lenders and branch personnel with obtaining valuation of...
Company's CLT Appraisal Services has nationwide opportunities for practitioners and managers with mass appraisal knowledge and experience for property revaluation projects. Res...
# of Positions 1Job Type Professional/TechnicalFull/Part Time Full-TimeShift FirstWeekends Required Not RequiredWhy State Farm®? Our commitment to customers makes us the No. 1 ...